Tuesday, September 6, 2011

New York Burritos



I got this yummy recipe from my sister-in-law Meagan. I think she told me that our other sister-in-law gave it to her, so I'm really not sure where the recipe comes from, but they are yummy and fast. I love this recipe because it is easy and makes a ton.  I usually stick half of it in my freezer for a night that I don't want to cook dinner. 

New York Burritos

1 lb chicken (my mom likes to use hamburger or pork, but in my opinion, it has to be chicken)
1 tablespoon cooking oil
1 cup salsa
2 cups water
1 package taco seasoning
2 cups uncooked minute rice
1 can black beans
8-12 flour tortillas
Cheese
Sour cream

Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet. Add chicken and cook until lightly browned then cut into bite sized pieces. Add 2 cups water, salsa, black beans (drained), and taco seasoning mix and stir. Bring to a boil, stir in the rice and cover. Cook on low heat for 5 minutes or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked and the rice is done. Spoon mixture into warm tortillas and top with cheese and sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment